Near Me is a video consulting service that enables people to have health and social care appointments from home or wherever is convenient. All you need is a device for making video calls like a smartphone and an internet connection. Near Me is a secure form of video consulting approved for use by the Scottish Government and NHS Scotland.
What are the benefits of Near Me?
- Reduced travel to appointments: time, cost, convenience
- Reduced time away from work, school or home
- Easier to attend if you usually need someone to take you to appointments
- Enables you to have someone with you for support at your appointment (either with you or joining the consultation by video from another location, even from abroad)
- Better for the environment
- Reduces spread of infectious diseases
Near Me can be used to reduce exposure to infectious diseases like coronavirus or flu
How does Near Me work?
Your health or social care provider will give you a website address for its video clinic. Most services will give you an appointment date and time when you should start your video call. You do not need to download an App or create an account.
Near Me video consulting is not suitable for all consultations, for example, if you need a physical examination or a procedure. Your health or social care provider can advise you on what is appropriate for you.